Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Vegan MoFo 2015 Day 1: Breakfast!

I can't believe it's September already! August has gone by so fast (I'll be posting some more stuff to my work blog about what I've been up to soon). However, whilst the Edinburgh Fringe might be past, Vegan MoFo is only just beginning!

Today's prompt: Rise and Shine! It’s MoFo time! Tell us about your breakfast.

Most days my breakfast is nothing special; just some fruit and/or cornflakes with plant milk (the new Provamel rice-coconut-pineapple milk is my favourite for cereal). However, when I'm feeling in the mood, I love a full cooked breakfast! When I'm making one for myself at home, the key ingredients are definitely Isa Chandra Moskowitz's scrambled tofu, hash browns (most frozen supermarket brands are vegan) and baked beans. I'm also known to be partial to a veggie sausage and/or some VBites rashers. Here's one I made earlier:



If you don't fancy cooking one up yourself, there are a few places here in Edinburgh you can get a vegan breakfast:
Pancakes at Henderson's Restaurant

Sunday Brunch at the Roseleaf

Do you have any favourite places to go for a vegan breakfast or favourite ingredients for making one at home? Use the comments section below to share your thoughts!


2 comments:

  1. my favorite breakfast ingredient is any kind of vegetable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'd be entirely thrilled if somebody served me up a plate of steamed cauliflower for breakfast myself, but whatever floats your boat :)

      Delete