Tuesday, 25 March 2014

What to do with my home-grown carrots?

As I blogged about last month, I was seriously excited to discover that I had carrots growing in my garden from some long-forgotten seeds planted the year before. The question is, what to do with these popular orange vegetables?

Firstly, I added some carrots to a delicious tofu scramble I made using a recipe from the cookbook Vegan With A Vengeance, which is also posted online on the Post Punk Kitchen. I served it with a side of homemade salsa and some hot sauce, and it was really filling and tasty. I never really liked scrambled chickens' eggs very much before I went vegan, but I love the taste of this.



Next, I made up a very tasty toad in the hole using the recipe from Another Dinner Is Possible, the first vegan cookbook I ever bought, which was written by the fantastic folks from the Anarchist Teapot Mobile Kitchen in Brighton. Not only did I serve it with carrots on the side, but I also added carrots into the batter. Totally warming comfort food!


Finally, I made some carrot hummus using the recipe from the Fat Free Vegan blog (pictured alongside beet hummus made using Elise Bauer's recipe). Totally delicious and very healthy.


I've still got lots more carrots growing in the garden, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of carroty dinners this year! Do you have any favourite carrot recipes? If so, please feel free to share them in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment