Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Enjoying homemade guacamole


One of my serious pet peeves about the United Kingdom is that most of the guacamole you can buy ready-made in shops and supermarkets is not vegan, usually because it has some kind of animal milk product added to it such as cream. This used to annoy me a lot when I first went vegan, right up until I discovered how easy it is to make really delicious guacamole yourself at home, and how much nicer it tastes!

I've tried making a few different recipes from other people online, but none of them were quite right for me, so I came up with this one:

Recipe: Really Easy Guacamole

Ingredients:
  • 2 ripe avocados (I really like Hass avocados myself)
  • 2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
  • 2-3 mild chillies, finely chopped (I prefer red ones as they show up nicely in the finished guacamole)
  • Juice of one lemon 
  • A little water as desired
  • Salt to taste

Method: 

Mash or blend the avocados until smooth.

Add the rest of the ingredients to the mashed avocados and mix well.

That's it! Serve however you like: on toast, as a dip, in a taco or however you prefer.


No comments:

Post a Comment